Monday, September 12, 2011

Firsts...

I feel like I've been MIA from my blog.  I know it's new, and it's early, but every day that went by I thought about what I wanted to write, and then I realized the entire day was away from me.  AGAIN.

We had a bunch of firsts happening around here in the last few weeks.  We did a bunch of day trips with the kids right before school started again, and one of them was Hershey Park.  It was the first time we had ever gone there with the kids, and boy did they have a blast.  What a joy it is to see such energy and excitement in their faces as we went on ride after ride.


As we were walking out we saw these towers, with all different sorts of candy.  If you've never been to Hershey Park here is how it works.  They use your measurements and assign you a candy, and at the front of each ride there is a picture of the types of candy the ride is suitable for.  It's much easier than having the kids measure themselves at each and every ride.  So as we were walking out I wanted to capture the kids next to their candy type.  As I was, I overheard a mom telling her kids that they all were Hershey's Miniatures when they first came to the park.  Then it hit me.  Next year, my kids may be different candy.  Next year they will be bigger.  The time goes by so fast.


The next day was my baby boy's first birthday.  Seriously?  The time went by so fast.  I look at our little family of 5, and it's so hard to remember what life was like without him.  He's such a bright spot in my day, and it's amazing to look and see how fast he has grown.  I remember pushing him to the bus stop last year at a tiny five days old, and now here we are again...school approaching and he can toddle his way around the house without anyone's help.


As if that wasn't enough to send a mama right over the edge, it was also my baby boy's very first day of first grade just a few short days later.  I went from having him in school for 2 1/2 hours each day, to having him gone from 9:25-3:45 each day.  You think you're prepared; you think it will be great...but then when the day comes, the change in the house is evident, and it makes you sad.  Even though there are still two very active little boys running around, the house seems too quiet.  I miss my buddy.  He loves school, though, and I love seeing how excited he is about everything...new things to learn, lunches everyday, going outside to play, and of COURSE gym, music, and his most favorite...computers!


So that's where I've been.  That's just a tip of the iceberg though.  We also had first steps, a first birthday, and still to come a first day of preschool which starts tomorrow, and a blog move!  I just didn't want to overwhelm you.  :o)  Stay tuned for a review of the first birthday party, and our very first review of one of my favorite Etsy shops!

No comments:

Post a Comment