Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I'm a picker...

It's true, I love to pick.  Fruits, vegetables...you name it, I've picked it.  We started out with strawberries when our first son was just about 2 1/2 and our second was a tiny 3 months old...see?
June 6th, 2007

We've been hooked ever since.  As the weather turns from cold to not-so-cold, I start to get excited.  Summer is great!  We pick strawberries, blueberries, peaches, and blackberries.  Now that the summer is almost over and fall is just around the corner, we are getting into my FAVORITE fruit of the year.

You can't tell me you don't want to just reach into your screen and grab that apple.  It's so perfect!  We found a farm very close to us that does very reasonable pick-your-own fruit, and they have everything.  Apples aren't just for fall anymore...these Ginger Gold apples are ready in late summer and they are super tasty.



We picked two full baskets of apples...a whopping 23 pounds!  How could you not?


This family of 5 may have 3 growing little boys, but there is NO way we could consume all those apples before they go bad!  But I'm getting ahead of myself...more on that later.

As if the apples weren't enough, look what else we found!
August 20th, 2011

Can you believe that (1) we were able to pick white grapes, and (2) that is the same sweet little boy from the first picture?!  I can't wait to share with you all the fun stuff we did with our 31 pounds of fruit, and I encourage you to find a local pick-your-own and spend some quality time with your family!  It's amazing how much fun you can have doing something so simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment